I hope that my child, looking back on today, will remember a mother who had time to play. Children grow up while you're not looking, and there are years ahead for cleaning and cooking. So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm with my baby, and babies don't keep.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A beautifuly LONG week

This was a very long week, as Patrick was away for four days. The kids always miss their daddy so much when he goes away, that it can be a little rough sometimes...but, this week they were all pretty good! They are getting bigger, and that helps a lot. Having Baylee here to protect us helped a great deal too!  I slept so much better at night knowing she was here to bark at any strangers that may come our way. This was one of the reasons we decided to get Baylee...we wanted a big dog that would protect me and the kids if need be. I definitely feel confident that Baylee would do this, so it is very comforting to have her around when Patrick is not here to fill that role!! Because Baylee was such a comfort to us last week I thought I would include some sweet pictures of her...to help improve her bad rep....





Lucy has done so well with so many things this week, she definitely deserves to be mentioned in this post. She has improved so much with her talking and is putting together some very long sentences. She is as sweet as ever, and was a big helper this past week. She was willing to help clean whenever I asked, and that is a wonderful quality in a little girl!!! She is also doing great with the potty, and we even went out in big girl underwear and had no accidents! She didnt wear diapers most ofthe week, (excpt at night) although this was partially do to the fact that I ran out of diapers, but still,she had no accidents in her underwear - so its still great news!!


Isaac was also a huge help this week. It is so nice that he is getting so big! He sat at the head of the table while Patrick was gone, and said our prayers each night at supper. He was so adorable and loved being the man of the house! When I brought him to school, he went in all by himelf too...this is a big deal for him!
One down side of the week, is that he has started being very argumentative, and im sure he thinks he is leaps and bounds ahead of  his father and I in the area if intelligence. He is always convinced he knows the best way to do everything, and is always trying to convince us of it. Definitely going to be a struggle over the next little while.


I should also quickly add that Catherine has gotten her first two teeth. She also says mom now! Which is very exciting for me! She will also say Isaac now, when asked, and of course is still going around saying dada. She has started letting go of things and standing on her own...but no steps yet. Im not really in a hurry for her to walk, so im ok if she takes her time with that.
.

The weather has been beautiful here and we have enjoyed many hours outside playing. This im sure, has helped my sanity a great deal! I actually got a lot of cleaning done, which tends to happen when Patrick is away. I am very tired, and probably more irritable then normal, but feel like we did very well as a family of five...although my preference is definitely to have Patrick around to help! I think it is good for a family to experience the absence of one of its members for a short time, every once in a while. It really helps you appreciate them a lot more hen they come home!

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING reading about you all! It is a wonderful blessing to be able to keep up with you. I have enjoyed having my sister's dog around because she barks at all the strangers too. She is the gentlest dog, but when someone comes to the door, she is really scary. The security company ADT came to the door to sell me an alarm system and the guy looked at Nara barking like crazy and said never mind and left. Isaac is going to make an excellent "man of the house" someday. Lucy seems like such a little lady now. And Catherine--another Cain beauty! I always get a lot of cleaning done when Andrew is gone too. What's that about? My kids have been good lately too. Weird. Moon cycles? We have been working hard on discipline. Nonetheless, we have been enjoying our new found reins on our kids.

    ReplyDelete