I hope that my child, looking back on today, will remember a mother who had time to play. Children grow up while you're not looking, and there are years ahead for cleaning and cooking. So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm with my baby, and babies don't keep.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Big Girl!

Catherine is now 10 months old. She is getting big so fast. She is a wonderful little girl and we all adore her. Her brother and sisters definitely dote on her. They love to play with her and cuddle with her. They get excited about all the new things she does - they are definitely her biggest cheerleaders. Whenever I bring her downstairs after naps, or in the mornings, the kids are so happy to see her, and she gets so excited to see them. The kids also like to carry her around. Whenever she goes somewhere she shouldn't, or really any chance they can get, they will scoop her up and carry her back to me. Catherine LOVES this. She gets the biggest smile on her face whenever her siblings carry her around. It is great to see how much they love her, but she is such a sweetheart, why wouldn't they....

Catherine is trying really hard to figure out how to walk. I can see that her brain knows what it wants to do, but her feet aren't quite there. She will let go of the furniture, take a step to turn around and then fling herself towards wherever she wants to go. She thinks she can fly. Last night she took three steps towards me, then sat herself down. She had done enough. She was satisfied. She also started walking behind her push toy. She will push it around the house and look at us like she is doing the greatest thing in the world. She is thrilled with herself. She looks adorable walking around because she is so tiny! It is crazy to think she will be running around before we know it. Time goes too fast. But, she will walk when she is ready. I am in no hurry. With walking comes the bumps and bruises, we can wait on those...

Catherine is a very happy little girl. She loves to play games with us and do silly things. She thinks shes pretty funny...she fits in perfectly with this family! She also plays very well by herself. She is very good at crawling into the playroom and finding ways to entertain herself.  One of her favorite things to do is to pull all the puzzles off the shelf and take out the pieces one by one. It is great, she will spend a lot of time doing this.

Catherine is definitely a mama's girl. She is happiest in my arms, and I am OK with that! Although she loves her daddy and her siblings very much, it is mama that makes everything better for her...we are pretty much attached at the hip lately...

Here are some pictures of Catherine - at 10months...





Sitting outside - enjoying the warm weather.




Playing with her toys!



Starting to let go of furniture and taking steps.




Doing a little light reading...I think we have another bug lover on our hands....




Play/cuddle time....in her glory - getting attention from all her siblings....




LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! She is growing up so fast. I don't know why I thought she wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete