I hope that my child, looking back on today, will remember a mother who had time to play. Children grow up while you're not looking, and there are years ahead for cleaning and cooking. So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm with my baby, and babies don't keep.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crazy Week!

Last week was a bit crazy. We had a lot of sickness. And Patrick was out of town again. But, we did manage to have some good times, amongst all the puking.

The kids have started playing t-ball, and LOVE it. Isaac and Elizabeth are on the same team, and have a great coach. It is their first time playing this sport and definitely have a lot to learn :)  This Saturday is their first game, so it should be a lot of fun!

Isaac got another report card this past week. He did so well, we are very proud of him. He is struggling a bit with staying quiet during work times. The teacher says he has a little trouble staying quiet during journal time...I guess this is a side effect of him becoming more comfortable at school - he talks a bit more. It doesn't seem to be a huge problem yet, so we will work on reminding him to stay in his seat and work quietly. He has been on green since his one red day, so he is doing well overall with his behavior. If memory serves me correctly, "she talks a lot" was a comment that regularly appeared on my report cards. I of course have included a picture of Isaac's report card!!!




I felt like Isaac and Elizabeth seemed a lot bigger this week. For some reason Isaac looked really grown up one morning before school...so of course I had to take a picture :) He is getting so BIG!!!He is a great helper around he house. He is wonderful with Cate. And, when I was sick he was so sweet, and tried to take care of me. He would bring me my puke pot, get me drinks, and always ask me how I was feeling!! He was a huge help this weekend while daddy was gone and while mommy was sick. Elizabeth also seems to have grown. But with her getting bigger, comes different things, more attitude and more fighting with her siblings...girls are so different then boys. She is still a good helper, but she has been fighting with her sister a lot more recently.




















Catherine has been doing great with her walking. She will walk short distances, from Patrick to me, or me to the table. Shes not that comfortable with it yet, but when she gets comfortable she will just take off, I know it!!

Here is her little journey of about 4 feet - to me!









When Lent started we sat down as a family and colored the Stations of
the Cross, and put them up on our back door, by our kitchen table. Each night read about one of the stations, and are practicing memorizing them all. Patrick told the kids if they memorized them, they would get a special treat on Easter. Last night they were both able to say them from memory for Patrick and I. We are very proud - it was hard work for them to memorize them!! I will try to video tape them doing it and post it on here. We were very impressed that they were able to memorize them all so quickly! These kids are always amazing me!!






Here are a few pictures from the past week...


 This is the face Elizabeth makes when she gets really excited about something, or is telling us a really animated story...its so cute...I LOVE it....and I was excited to finally capture it in a picture!

 I walked downstairs to find the girls lying together on the couch watching a show...they can be so sweet when they aren't ripping each others hair out :0)

 Here's baby Cate filling her face with mashed potatoes...she grabbed the bowl and would not let it go....she was HUNGRY



 A quiet moment in our house, when all the kids were playing nicely TOGETHER, those are wonderful moments. I feel like a very lucky mom that they actually happen pretty regularly in our home!!





Miss Elizabeth dressing up...i've found a few dance outfits at consignment sales, and the girls LOVE wearing them.
I just love Lucy's hair...this is what the heat does to it...look at those gorgeous curls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment