I am going to copy the great idea of my very dear friend Renee Clayton, and at the end of each week write a recap by listing 7 things that happened and stuck out in my mind...they can be good or bad...they will just be things that seemed to be significant for me or our family. I am going to do this because it is a great idea - and it makes sense. It will help me to document memories for our family, and share interesting stories with our friends/family who are near or far away, and are interested enough to read this :-) which was the point of this family blog!
1) The most exciting thing that has happened thus far in my sons six years of life...he caught a CHIPMUNK!!! This boy has been determined all summer to catch one. And on friday he caught the chipmunk twice. The first time it escaped quickly, but he fixed up his trap to make sure that wouldnt happen again, and then (a surpirise to us all) he got it again!! He kept it until his Nana, great grandma and uncle came over and then he let it go!! He was so happy. Now he has moved on to trying to catch a squirrel - they are a bit more aggressive and harder to catch...but that kid is constantly impressing me - so im sure he will do it!!
2) We had a great dinner here on Friday with Patricks mom, grandma and brother. It is so nice to be able to have family come over and visit. The highlight for me - aside form the wonderful company - was the DELICIOUS recipe I got from Pinterest - and made for part of the dessert!! Here is what I made - and it was SO delicious!!! Strawberries stuffed with cheescake filling (but I didnt dip mine in graham crackers) You have to try it - it is easy and so yummy!!
3) Isaac has been going skating with his dad. He is loving it, and so is Patrick. It is something they can do together, without the girls - so Isaac is thrilled about that. He is learning - its a slow process, but he can stand and get around now - so thats a start.
4) We finished the girls room - they are so happy with it. We found a great loft bed on Kijiji that is perfect for their room. (It feels so good to have another room done) I was thrilled when we found this bed. It is perfect for them. I think it will work better then bunk beds because it is not as high, so if someone fell of then they hopefully wont get hurt. All the kids love the bed, especially Catherine, who has mastered the slide and spends a lot of time each day climbing up and sliding down...
5) Our downstairs bathroom is also finished - I repainted it and redecorated it. I am happy with it - but I HATE painting....
6) Isaac was invited to his first birthday party this new school year. He was thrilled. It was also the first birthday party Ive gone to that the parents were not expected to stay. It was a very pleasant surprise!! I guess thats what happens when your kids get bigger. It was so nice - I got two hours of unexpected time to go shopping!!It was very relaxing and some much needed alone time out of the house...
7) Catherine has started nursing way less...she only nurses in the mornings now. This is good and bad for me. Im sad she is growing up and not wanting to nurse as much, but on the other hand I am happy she is growing up and not wanting to nurse as much. She is an extremely easy going and independent baby. So she is very happy to drink out of a big cup like her siblings. She has also had no trouble cutting out the before bedtime nurse. She has been sleeping through the night since she was a few months old - so theres no middle of the night feedings to have to eliminate - which is nice - because those have been tough to do in the past. So now she wakes up, has a nurse and a cuddle and then is ready to go...ready to take on the very busy day she is sure to have!

Wow, you have done a lot of work and it all looks great. The kids really miss you all. Isaac is amazing at catching things. He's going to be the next Crocadile hunter!
ReplyDeleteThat bed in the girls room is awesome! And look at how big Catherine is...I didn't even recognize her! Can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDeletei love the girls room and love that you guys are getting good use out of the playhouse we gave yall!
ReplyDeletei like your end of the week recap!
Arrrghhh! That bed is awesome. I want one for Drew and Anna. They would LOVE it! And Chipmunks?! Ok, Drew would have a fit over this for sure. He's always after me to go outside and catch things with him in his bug keeper, but we have nothing as cool as chipmunks. You should bring one down here with you, hahaha! The house looks great. Looks like you have been really busy!! Miss you tons of course and can't wait to see you soon.
ReplyDelete