Where we go one ,we go all
Well, once again Patrick and I have had to say goodbye to people and places that we love so much. After living in Texas for 5 years it was very hard for us to say good bye. But, in just one short year we also fell in love with North Carolina and it broke our hearts to have to leave! We made great friends very quickly. Isaac had a great teacher, and good friends at school. We loved our neighborhood and neighbors. Patrick loved his job - and we both loved the Abbey! I loved MOPS and the wonderful woman I met there. And I loved Tuesday coffee and finally having "an upstairs friend"!! It was such a great year, and I am so sad it is over. I am still in shock that it is over, and still very homesick for our life in NC. I am so sick of saying goodbye to people, I hope I wont have to do it again for a long time.
But, Patrick and I have children, children that are counting on us to make the hard decisions, counting on us to take care of them. What was best for our whole family was to return to Canada. When Patrick was offered the job at Lakehead University, we were both in shock. This was a dream of ours, to return "home" and raise our kids. We just couldnt believe it was happening so soon. We thought it would be years before we would have the opportunity to move back to Canada, and then the odds of actually returning to Thunder Bay were so small. I knew as soon as he was offered the job there was no way we could turn it down. I was so excited and so sad at the same time. Although I knew it was what was best for us, I was so sad to be leaving behind all the wonderful things in NC.
So, here we are, we came to thunder Bay for a visit - now we are staying for good. Seems unreal. It has been a crazy summer. We are starting to get settled. Slowly getting things set up and unpacked. It is taking us a little longer to unpack then it usually does because we have so many new things going on. A new job for Patrick, a new school for Isaac and starting kindergarten for Elizabeth. A lot of adjustments for everyone. Patrick is enjoying his job, and the kids love their school, and are making friends very quickly. The girls have started gymnastics, which they have wanted to do for a long time! And Isaac will be starting hockey soon. We are starting to get into a nice routine...it feels good...to have some normalcy again!
Although they also miss their home and friends in NC. They love (as do Patrick and I) being so close to family. I think the kids are very happy here. I think we will all be very happy here....
Our new to some of us home....more pictures to come - once I have cleaned up a little more ;-)
Our big girl, going to school!
Isaac is getting settled in and making some new friends!
Lucy is a bundle of energy at all times :-)
In case things weren't crazy enough - we thought wed throw a sick one year old into the mix :-)
*After a summer of craziness...and a break from writing updates on the family, I am hoping this post will kick off the year, and what I hope will be the first of many updates...I will do my best to stay consistent...the hardest part of blogging, for me, is starting back up - now ive done it, so it should be smooth sailing from here :)
So happy for you guys and that your dreams to return to Canada became a reality sooner than you thought! God is so good! You have a beautiful family! It must be so neat to be able to raise your children in the home that you were raised in!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to go home like you always wanted. But we miss you way down here in Texas! I can't wait til you come for a visit!!!
ReplyDeletewowzers!! that's crazy you guys are in Canada!! i'm so happy that yall are back home. great to hear from you!
ReplyDelete