Last week seemed to center around Isaac - which was fantastic!! He had community week at school, so he had a few field trips and a career day presentation. I was able to go on one field trip and to attend the career day presentations. It was so nice to be able to do things with Isaac, and see him interacting with his classmates and teacher. I just love his class, and his teacher is great!! The kids in his class are so sweet and kind!
Field trip day was a lot of fun. Isaac's class, along with one other class, went to an assisted living facility and sang to the residents. They had about six songs they sang and it was so wonderful! The kids had a blast and the people watching LOVED it. They were obviously very happy to see the kids and some were even dancing along with the music. It made me very happy to see that Isaac's school saw the importance in doing something like this. They see the importance and make sure they return each year. It was really nice to see the smiles that the children put on the faces of the people we visited. Isaac enjoyed himself and I was very happy to see he sang along and actually did the actions. Although, for the first couple of songs he did find the biggest person in the class and hide behind them. But he did get more comfortable and I was very proud of him. While they were getting ready to leave the building one of the workers told the teachers there was a lady celebrating her 99th birthday that day. The looks on the kids faces were priceless - "she's almost 100!!" Isaac said, in disbelief that someone could actually be that many years old. The kids all got together and sang happy birthday to her, and I'm sure that she was one very happy lady!! It makes me so happy that Isaac gets to do things like this. He is really enjoying school, and all the new experiences it allows him to have!
*Isaac's class singing to a group of ladies getting their hair done
For career day the students had to think about what job they may like to have when they grow up. They had to dress appropriately for it, bring some tools/objects they might use, and fill out an application for the job. Isaac chose to be a Kindergarten teacher. Mainly because, he said, if he was the teacher, he could make the rules. Isaac's teacher said they would love to have parents come in and watch the presentations and we could even bring our other children if we needed to. Because Patrick was home I did not have to bring all the kids. But I did bring Elizabeth and she had a great time! She was so excited to go to Isaac's class and see his teacher and friends. She sat very quietly and listened to all the children's presentations. I was very worried Isaac would refuse to do his presentation. The night before he said he was nervous and didn't want to go to school. We practiced and practiced and he knew all his answers by heart, and I hoped this would help calm his nerves. Mommy was worried for nothing! Isaac did an amazing job! He was pretty comfortable in front of the class. Of course you could tell he was a little nervous, but he got over it pretty quickly. He had said he didn't want Elizabeth to watch him because it would be too embarrassing. After much convincing (because I really wanted to bring her) he agreed she could come if she sat on my lap, closed her eyes, put her face against my chest, and I covered her ears while he spoke. I did actually do all this, by the way! And he went up to the front of the room happily, knowing his sister wouldn't hear a word of his presentation.
I do want to include a few updates on baby Cate....
Look who has two teeth!!!!
Look who can eat cheerios now!!!
*I feel like this is important to include because Cheerios save my life!!!!! If the baby is fussy I can put a handful of Cheerios in front of her and it will make her happy for a log time. This past week I got to enjoy a whole MOPS meeting because the child care workers could just keep giving her Cheerios to make her happy.
Look who can stand on her own!!!!!!
*And look how happy she is about it!
oh my gosh courtney, he is so big! and handsome! and tall! and smart!! i'm glad he has such a great school and classroom. that presentation sounds really cool.
ReplyDeletecheerios...yum!
Obviously, Isaac thinks very highly of Elizabeth's opinion.
ReplyDelete