I hope that my child, looking back on today, will remember a mother who had time to play. Children grow up while you're not looking, and there are years ahead for cleaning and cooking. So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm with my baby, and babies don't keep.

Monday, March 28, 2011

What!?! Not MY Son....

Well, it was only a matter of time, I guess. Isaac had a rough day at school and was on red. Usually when I pick him up from school the first thing he says to me is "I was on green today!" He is always happy to report this news. Well, Patrick picked him up today and Isaac didnt say anything. Patrick asked him - "Were you on green today?" Patrick said Isaac just burst into tears...no green, not even yellow - but red!! I was very upset with him. I was not happy to hear that he had gotten into so much trouble at school. We had a note come home from the teacher (his first note - of course it is pictured below ) telling us Isaac had a rough day. This is the first time Isaac has been on red all year - so he had a pretty good run. Hopefully it will be the one and only time!! I know it is important to Isaac that he is good at school and gets to stay on green. I know this because he is so happy when he gets to report this news to us. I know he was really upset about getting into trouble, but I wanted to make sure it really sunk in - that it was absolutely unacceptable to misbehave at school. So - I had him  release his recently caught toad back into the wild (aka our backyard), and told him if he was on green tomorrow then he could go on a other toad hunt this weekend. He lost his candies that he was able to pick out of the treasure box at school, until he was on green again. And I had him write an apology note to each of his teachers, saying he was sorry about his behavior and that he would try harder to be good in class. We shall see if any of these things have any kind of affect on him, lets hope so!!

* So I am happy to report Isaac did not have to move his person at school the last two days - he was on green - with exceptionally great behavior (ok - so I don't really know if it was exceptionally good behavior - but I like to think so!)








1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh his letters are sooo cute! matthew just recently got his folder written in (for the 1st time too) for talking back to the teacher and i tried to make him write an apology letter, but at the older age he's at, he was sooo embarrased, so i made him just apologize verballly the next day.

    i hope he gets to go toad hunting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete